The Care.com Babysitter's Guide to Surviving Snow Days With Kids
Snow days are inevitable. Here's a list of articles to help you handle the situation with ease.
When you're a kid, that phrase is like GOLD to you. It means, among other things:
- No school;
- No homework -- or a chance for you to do the stuff you "didn't get around to doing" the night before;
- No after-school activities;
- No after-school tutoring;
- And did we mention no school?
(ICYDK, "dreadiness" is a mixture of happiness and dread.)
On the one hand, you're pumped for snow days! It means that you get to hang out with your favorite kiddos, play fun games, make awesome crafts -- and the extra cash in your pocket doesn't hurt, either.
On the other hand, you know that -- depending on how bad the snow storm actually is -- there's a good chance that the kids will have to stay indoors all day...and thus an even better chance that they'll succumb to cabin fever soon. How will you keep them entertained all day?
[RELATED: "101 Things to Do When Kids Say "I'm Bored"]
At Care.com, we've heard all of these concerns before and we've got you covered. To help you survive snow days with kids, we've put together a list of articles that will help you answer all of your Who? What? Where? and When? questions.
Care.com Community Member Suggestions
Snow Day Activities -- for Outdoors and Indoors
- 101 Snow Games and Activities for Kids
- 101 Winter Activities for Kids
- 8 Fun Snow Day Activities for Kids
- 101 Best Babysitting Activities
- 101 Best Kids' Movies on Netflix
- 101 Indoor Games and Activities for Kids
- 101 Movies for Kids: What Should You Pick for Family Viewing?
- 25 Great Educational Websites for Kids
- 21 Awesome Free Apps for Kids
- 15 of the Best Math Apps for Kids
- 14 Easy Crafts for Kids
- 13 Tongue Twisters for Kids
- 12 Board Games for Kids to Make Family Time Fun
- 11 Puzzle Games for Kids of All Ages and Dispositions
- 9 Great Online Adventure Games for Kids
- 8 Easy Games for Kids You Can Play With Just Your Hands
- 6 Fun Babysitting Games
- 6 Make-Believe Games to Boost Your Kids' Imaginations
- 5 Free Kids' Games That Use Household Objects
- 5 Indoor Games for Kids That Use Balloons
- 5 Music Games for Kids That Don't Cost a Penny
- 4 Cooking Games for Kids
- 4 "Mother May I" Game Alternatives
- Activities and Fun Things to Do With Preschoolers
- Fun Indoor Exercise for Kids
- Fun Mazes for Kids of All Ages
- Have the Ultimate Snow Day Party
- How to Nix Boredom in Kids Forever: 8 Ways to Get Kids to Entertain Themselves
- Making the Best of Snow Days
- Plan a Fun Winter or Indoor Birthday Party
- Snow Day Activities for Kids, Ages 3-5
Snow Day Crafts
- 101 Printables for Kids to Enjoy
- 8 Easy Baking Recipes to Do With Your Kids
- 8 Mess-Free Art Activities for Kids
- 7 Ways to Make Homemade Silly Putty
- 6 Easy Cookie Recipe Ideas
- Care.com Interview Series: Top 5 Recycled Craft Ideas!
- Crafty Hack: Here's How to Turn Your Broken Crayons Into a Crayon Cupcake
- Fun Recipes for Making Rock Candy With Your Kids
- Make Homemade Play Dough Your Kids Will Love!
- Origami for Kids: 10 Great First Folding Projects
Tips for Babysitters and Nannies
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.