Dads Are Getting Way More Involved on Valentine's Day -- Here's How
Care.com analysts found that today's dads are taking on way more of the Valentine's Day planning than they're getting credit for.
Parents: It's almost Valentine's Day...so, who's planning YOUR date night? Is it you? Or is it your partner?
We ask simply because, by and large, dads always seem to get a bad rap when it comes to planning...well...anything.
Whether it's because dads of yore weren't good at planning -- or just didn't want to do it to begin with -- it looks as though that stereotype has been pinned on the dads of today, too. And even though we do have some prominent examples of these "planning averse" dads in pop culture (think Clark Griswold in the movie "Vacation," or Archie Bunker in "All in the Family") the fact of the matter is that this image of Dad just isn't true -- at least, not anymore.
Today's dads are different. Whether it's a fun family vacation or a romantic Valentine's Day date night, modern-day dads are putting a lot more effort into planning special activities for their loved ones than they get credit for.
To prove this, Care.com analysts looked at the data specifically for Valentine's Day babysitting jobs that have been posted by moms and dads over the years.
Here's what we found:
The Valentine's Day data in this study is based on Care.com babysitting jobs posted on Valentine's Day and the weekend before Valentine's Day in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
The National Retail Federation data is based on the organization's 2016 consumer survey. If you'd like to learn more about the findings from their survey, you may view the press release here.
Want to check out more of our studies? Feel free to peruse this list:
- The 20 Most Family-Friendly Cities for Halloween in 2016
- The 10 Best Cities in America to Raise the Next Rock Star
- The Best -- and Worst -- States for Child Care
- Best in Style: These 10 Cities Have the Best-Groomed Dogs
- Grab Your Pup's Leash: These Are the Best U.S. Cities for Walking Your Dog
- How Child Care Could Swing the Election
- How Much Do the Holidays Cost?
- Listen up, College Kids: Here Are the Top 20 Cities to Make Bank Over Break
- These Are the States With the Healthiest Pets -- Is Yours One of Them?
- Think You're a Neat Freak? Here's Where People Pay the Most for Housekeeping
- Want a New You in the New Year? Here's Where You're Most Likely to Make That Happen in 2017
- Want to Babysit on Valentine's Day? These Are the Cities Where You Could Make Bank