When my kids started walking, it took awhile for them to get the hang of it, but once they did, they took off! I had so much fun watching them learn this new skill. I also enjoyed buying their first pair of shoes.
My shoe shopping started with a bit of research. Although the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that new walkers stay barefoot until they grasp walking, they do need protective shoes to navigate uneven, rocky or hot/cold surfaces. Ideally, first shoes should be lightweight and flexible so they support the foot's natural movement, and they should have rubber soles for traction and leather or mesh uppers that ensure feet can breathe. Based on these recommendations, I considered six best shoes for new walker.
1. Pediped - Made of premium leather, Pediped shoes grow with your child. They're also stylish for your new and experienced walker.
2. Stride Rite - A wide selection of Stride Rite shoes adjust for baby's first step and all future steps. They're durable and flexible, and you can download a sizing chart to ensure the best fit.
3. Robeez - This brand specializes in flexible and supportive shoes. They promote natural foot function and feature non-slip soles.
4. Jemos Footwear - Soft-soled moccasin shoes support and protect little feet. They use eco-friendly leather made with no toxins, formaldehyde or lead.
5. Momobaby - Choose from a wide variety of Momobaby shoes. They feature rubber soles and genuine leather.
6. Superga - For 100 years, Superga shoes have supported walkers of all ages. Their baby shoes provide excellent support and flexibility.
These six shoes ranked high on my list as I shopped for my baby's first shoes. Have you tried any of these shoes for your baby? If so, which ones would you recommend?