5 Ways to Keep Your Child Learning During Winter Break
Two weeks doesn’t seem like a long time to be out of school but it can take quite a toll on your child’s learning.
Here are a few simple ways you can support your child’s learning while they are on break this holiday season.
- Ask your child’s teacher for worksheets or handouts that your child can work on over the holidays. It’s amazing how much just half an hour a day can help.
- Read every day. Ask your child to read out loud to you or to their siblings.
- Work on vocabulary. You can get those magnetic words for the refrigerator and quiz them on spelling and definition or get index cards and quiz them that way.
- Take a trip to a local museum and ask your child questions about what they learned.
- Give your child a book as a gift instead of a toy.
How would you encourage your child to learn during the Winter Break?
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.