Good dogs for kids
Are you thinking about getting a family dog but not sure which breed to go for?
In honour of upcoming National Dog Day, here is a list of some typically family-friendly dogs.
- Beagles: Calm and small, beagles also are energetic and love to play, especially outside.
- Boxers: Playful and fun boxers also exhibit great patience toward kids.
- Bull Dogs: A patient breed, bull dogs are docile and sturdy.
- Collies: Protective, this breed is also easy to train, well behaved and gentle.
- Dogue de Bordeaux: This breed loves humans. They are also patient with active and exuberant kids and even tolerate playing dress up.
- Golden Retrievers: Smart, loyal, kind and confident, this patient breed makes them ideal for kids
Need a dog-sitter? Find dog-sitters in your area here.
- Irish Setters: Energetic, smart and trainable Irish setters play well with children.
- Labrador Retrievers: Highly trainable Labradors are also patient, loving, protective, playful and reliable. They love to exercise, too.
- Newfoundlands: As one of the most intelligent dog breeds, Newfoundlands are easy to train. They generally love kids and are protective, gentle and patient.
- Poodles: This breed sheds very little and can be good for kids with allergies. They're also smart and gentle.
- Vizslas: While Vizslas need plenty of exercise, they learn new tricks quickly. They're also gentle, loyal and affectionate.
- Weimaraners: This breed has earned the reputation as good family dogs. They love to play for hours.
- Mutts: Combine the best of two or more breeds when you adopt a mutt. As with all dogs, ask about a mutt's energy level, temperament and size as you choose the right dog for your family.
Have you ever owned one of these kid-friendly breeds? What are your thoughts?
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.