Here are the internal and external sources we looked at to compile our information on the 2016 cost of child care.
- Care.com 2016 Cost of Care Survey of nearly 900 parents
- Care.com 2015 member data on nanny, babysitter, and after-school child care rates
- Care.com HomePay
- Care.com Care@Work Better Benefits Survey
- Child Care Aware, Child Care Aware, Parents and the High Cost of Child Care: 2015 Report
- Cultural Care Au Pair, Au Pair in America & Au Pair Care
- U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2011-2013 three-year estimates.
- NACCRRA’s January 2015 survey of Child Care Resource and Referral State Networks. Some states used the latest state market rate survey.
- Center for American Progress, Hidden Costs of Child Care System, and There Are Significant Business Costs to Replacing Employees
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: Mean Age of Mothers is on the Rise: United States, 2000–2014 (January 2016)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Report 1058 (November 2015)