How to Make Marshmallow Cereal Bars
So simple, but so incredible.This is my favorite recipe because it brings back memories from my childhood. Growing up, I had a lot family come visit during the winter holidays and we would all go skiing. When we came back from the mountains, the kids would all chip in and make Marshmallow Cereal Bars. We would play around using different cereals and always enjoy the delicious results.
Bake time: 5 Minutes
(Adapted from the Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats recipe)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 10 oz. bag Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the vanilla and marshmallows and stir.
- Remove marshmallow mixture from the heat.
- Quickly stir in the crispy rice cereal until well coated.
- Using a lightly buttered spoon, gently press the mixture into a greased pan.
- Let the cereal mixture sit and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Cut mixture with a sharp knife, serve, and enjoy!
Tip: Customize these tasty treats by having the kids pick out their favorite cereals to use!
Check out some more tasty treats in our 9 Easy Dessert Recipes from Care.com »
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.