How to Make Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
Butter up your kids on a rainy day.I made chocolate gooey butter cookies because I love this recipe by Paula Deen. She has no problem putting butter in EVERYTHING and it really makes these cookies extra yummy. Butter may not be the healthiest ingredient, but we all deserve a treat once in a while!
Bake Time: 12 minutes
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp.Vanilla
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Confectioners' Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Let the cream cheese and butter reach room temperature then cream together. You may consider using an electric mixer to speed-up the process.
- Beat in the egg to the cream cheese and butter mixture.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Add in the cake mix.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Scoop a tablespoon serving of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball in powdered sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
Check out some more tasty treats in our 9 Easy Dessert Recipes from Care.com »
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.