Great Family Costume: A Box of Crayons
As part of the Care.com Halloween costume series, get the whole family to go as colorful box of crayons in 4 easy steps.
Great for a group, choose your favorite shade and begin. Tip: It's best if each person is a different color. Just be sure to stick together!
- 1 x-large sheet of poster board, per Crayon (use a different color for each Crayon. Make sure it's big enough to wrap around each person's body)
- Duck Tape in the same color as the poster board
- Black shirt, pants or leggings
- Black sneakers
- Cone-shaped birthday party hat
- For Logo: 1 black poster board and another piece of the colorful poster board, per crayon. Or, download Crayola logo and print out.
Step 1: Wrap one of the colorful poster boards around your child. Mark holes for arms. Then mark where one end meets the paper. Also mark the center of the tube, for placement of the logo. Lie poster board flat and cut out circles for arm holes.
Step 2: To make the logo from scratch: With the black poster board, measure, pencil mark and cut out a long oval. With second sheet of colorful poster board, draw out the word CRAYONS in block letters. Measure to fit into black oval. Glue letters onto black oval. Glue black oval vertically onto green poster board, centered in front and in between arm holes.
Step 3: Staple poster board into a tube and secure in-seam with Duck Tape.
Step 4: Cut a semi-circle out of remaining colored poster board (matching crayon) and tape on to a cone-shaped party hat. Staple to hold and secure seam with Duck Tape.
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.