Care.com's Guide to a Family Move
Everything you need to know about house hunting, packing, moving and transitioning when you have kids.
Looking for a new home can be so much fun -- when you're not actually moving! But when you're not just watching House Hunters or browsing Zillow, looking for a new home can be incredibly stressful. And when there are kids involved, it's even more chaotic and has looming child care and school deadlines increasing the stress.
Care.com and Zillow have partnered to create helpful tips and advice for familes going through a move. Whether you're "just looking," actively searching, packing, listing your own home, or transitioning to the new neighborhood, the following advice should help alieviate the stress.
And while Care.com babysitters will help with the kids so you focus on each stage, you can also check out the helping hands who want to pack, unpack and organize for you!
Before the Move
- How to Avoid the 10 Most Common Moving Regrets
- 101 Family Moving Tips
- 14 Things People Forget When They Move
- Navigating an Open House With Kids
- 5 Signs of a Family-Friendly Neighborhood
- 7 Tips for Family House Plans With Kids
- Is Your Family Moving? 6 Tips for House Hunting With Kids
- Military Families, Moving, and Stress
- How to Determine What You Want in a Home (Zillow.com article)
- Making the Most of an Open House Visit (Zillow.com article)
- Why Being Pre-Approved for a Mortgage Matters (Zillow.com article)
- Home Buyer’s Guide to Choosing a Neighborhood (Zillow.com article)
- 5 Ways to Relieve Moving Stress With Kids
- Moving With Kids Checklist
- Moving Day with Pets
- Moving With Pets Checklist
- Your Moving Cleaning Checklist
- Moving? Time to Take Inventory (Zillow.com article)
- Time-Saving Packing Hacks for Your Next Move (Zillow.com article)
- Picking a Moving Company: How Do Your Choices Stack Up? (Zillow.com article)
- The Most Important Things to Do Before and After Closing (Zillow.com article)
- How to Find a Nanny When You Move
- 8 Tips for Being the New Kid at School
- Moving Schools Again? Get Help Transitioning Military Kids to a New School
- Cut Home Insurance Costs, Not Coverage (Zillow.com article)
- 8 DIY Ways to Redo Your Bathroom (Without Remodeling) (Zillow.com article)
- Regain Your Garage: Simple Tricks for Getting Organized (Zillow.com article)
Katie Bugbee is our global parenting expert and senior managing editor here at Care.com. She has written for Babble, Huffington Post, Newsday and Parenting. A busy working mother, she offers families advice on many parenting dilemmas, from appeasing picky eaters to finding the perfect babysitter.
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.