Happy National Nanny Recognition Week
Thank you nannies, for everything you do!
Nannies, did you know that there's a special week just for you? It's National Nanny Recognition Week, the fourth week in September. In 2017, it's September 24th to the 30th.
But what is National Nanny Recognition Week? This holiday was created in 1998 as a time for the families you care for to celebrate you and everything you do. No, it's not necessarily a big gift-gifting occasion (though gifts are certainly nice). It's more a time for parents and kids to say thanks for your efforts all year long.
If your employers haven't mentioned the holiday, they simply may not know about it. Drop it into conversation by talking about how you plan to celebrate this week with other nannies. And share this article on 52 Ways to Thank Your Nanny.
To celebrate the holiday, we wanted to share some of the amazing things people say about their child care providers. So take a look below at what Care.com members and employees have to say.
And thank you again for everything you do, day in and day out, to care for our kids!
Care.com Families Love Their Nannies
We hear from members all the time about how they found such amazing nannies. And we wanted to share that information with you.
We combed through Care.com reviews of caregivers to see what people had to say. Here are 25 popular terms that people use to describe their nannies:
Care.com Employees Love Their Nannies, Too
Like working parents around the world, the people at Care.com need their nannies to get through the day. Here are just a few of the reasons they appreciate their nannies:
- "I love my nanny because possesses all of the qualities I don’t -- she’s artistic and easy-going, to name a few, and it’s great to see my kids learn that people are all wonderful in different ways." ~ Jenessa F., brand team
- "I love my nanny because she clearly cares about my son and she is willing to be flexible when our needs change." ~ Rob C., product team
- "I love my nanny because she keeps on playing games with my son for hours without losing her enthusiasm -- which I definitely would!" ~ Julia B., content team
- "I love my nanny because my children love her mucho (she speaks to them in Spanish), and without her I wouldn’t be able to go to work, feeling confident that all is well at home." ~ Carrie C., merchandising and partnerships team
- "I love my nanny because on her first day of work she brought me flowers. I had been certain that she would take great care of my kids, but with this gesture she made me feel cared for too." ~ Mate C., finance team
- "I love my nanny because she comes to work with a smile on her face and a positive attitude every morning." ~ Leslie F., marketing and business development team
- "I love my nanny because she sends me cute pics and videos of my baby throughout the day and gets us super-organized on Mondays to tackle the week." ~ Uma Pandit, product team
- "I love my nanny because she makes extras of the foods I like to eat." ~ Melanie G., legal team
- “I love my nanny because she makes breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I never have to cook again!” ~ Caroline S., marketing team
- "I love my nanny because she keeps me updated on the little things throughout the day -- which is a big thing for a working mom." ~ Kristin R., product team
- "I love my nanny because she’s one of the most compassionate people that I’ve met and she treats my kids like cherished members of her family -- she is always there for my family and I will always be there for her." ~ Donna L., operations team and co-founder
- "I love my nanny because she cares for the most important thing to me, my son, as if he were her own -- which allows me leave her in charge while I'm working, with complete peace of mind.” ~ Victoria K., brand team
Tiffany Smith is the director of content and publicity at William Woods University. She has written for All You, Time for Kids and the Boston Globe. And, as a former babysitter, she knows a lot about fun games to play with kids. Getting them to eat their veggies -- that’s a different story! Follow her on Twitter at @tiffanyiswrite.