Back-to-school 2020 resource guide for parents and caregivers
The back-to-school 2020 season is looking very different for families and caregivers, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There's a lot more to factor in for everyone's health and safety, and adapted school schedules and day care closures are adding logistical hurdles on top of the usual child care struggles we've always had to manage.
No matter what the new school year may hold for you and your family, we've put together resources to help you wade through many of the newly complicated scenarios.
Finding work as a caregiver, tutor or private teacher
- 6 questions nannies and sitters should ask before caring for kids during COVID-19
- What nannies or sitters need to know to assist kids with distance learning
- 8 tips for working with highly involved parents
- 4 ways teachers can earn money outside the classroom
- How much should I charge for a school year child care gig?
- 6 tips for being a great school year babysitter
- 4 keys to success in a nanny share job
- How to become a successful tutor
- How much should I charge for tutoring?
- How to become an online tutor
- How to provide child care while parents are home and make it work
Finding child care for the school year
- Questions to ask child caregivers during COVID-19
- 8 back-to-school child care options and what safety protocols experts suggest for each
- What is an after-school nanny or sitter — and do you need one?
- How much does after-school child care cost?
- 7 interview questions to ask when hiring an after-school nanny or sitter
- How much does a nanny share cost?
- How to know when your kid's old enough to stay alone
Finding and hiring a tutor for the school year
- How much does a tutor cost?
- 23 questions to ask when interviewing a tutor
- 7 free tutoring options for kids
- The 12 best online tutoring services for 2020
Learning about the pod schooling trend
- Learning pod safety 101: What to know before you form your own
- Pod schools are the newest pandemic trend, but will they hurt more than help?
Getting prepared for distance or remote learning at home
- 11 tips for setting up a cool, home learning space for kids
- Mom’s DIY kids’ desk hack for distance learning is winning the internet
- How to successfully work from home with kids
Gearing up for a new and different school year
- 14 ways teachers say parents can help as we return to school in a pandemic
Planning for school safety during a pandemic
- Back-to-school in the COVID-19 era: What the data says (podcast)
- First back-to-school photos to hit the internet look deeply concerning
- 5 critical kids health tips for fall, according to medical experts
- Schools shouldn’t necessarily reopen, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics
Understanding mask safety for kids
- How to talk to kids about face masks and tips to get them used to wearing one
- 5 myths about face masks and kids: What experts say parents need to know
- Face masks on kids at day care: Are they worth the effort?
Preparing for back to school
- What parents can do to address their own back-to-school anxiety
- 16 back-to-school memes that are especially relatable for parents in 2020
- 15 funny parents sum up this year’s bizarre return to school
- Parents are struggling to get 'feral' kids back on track this fall
- 101 back-to-school tips for kids and parents
- Talking to kids about race and racism (podcast)
Making the most of after-school hours
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.