Back-to-school 2020 resource guide for parents and caregivers
The back-to-school 2020 season is looking very different for families and caregivers, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There's a lot more to factor in for everyone's health and safety, and adapted school schedules and day care closures are adding logistical hurdles on top of the usual child care struggles we've always had to manage.
No matter what the new school year may hold for you and your family, we've put together resources to help you wade through many of the newly complicated scenarios.
Finding work as a caregiver, tutor or private teacher
- 6 questions nannies and sitters should ask before caring for kids during COVID-19
- 4 ways teachers can earn money outside the classroom
- Is an after-school child care job right for you?
- How much should I charge for an after-school child care gig?
- 6 tips for being a great after-school sitter
- How to become an online tutor
- What a safe return to caregiving work during COVID-19 might look like
- How to provide child care while parents are home and make it work
Finding child care for the school year
- Questions to ask child caregivers during COVID-19
- 8 back-to-school child care options and what safety protocols experts suggest for each
- What is an after-school nanny or sitter — and do you need one?
- How much does after-school child care cost?
- 7 interview questions to ask when hiring an after-school nanny or sitter
- 6 tips for hiring an after-school sitter or nanny
- 9 things to know before hiring a nanny or sitter to drive your kids
- How much does a nanny share cost?
- How to know when your kid's old enough to stay alone
Finding and hiring a tutor for the school year
- How much does a tutor cost?
- 23 questions to ask when interviewing a tutor
- 7 free tutoring options for kids
- The 12 best online tutoring services for 2020
Learning about new pod school trend in schooling
- Learning pod safety 101: What to know before you form your own
- Pod schools are the newest pandemic trend, but will they hurt more than help?
Gearing up for a new and different school year
- 14 ways teachers say parents can help as we return to school in a pandemic
- 12 parents share their plans and fears for going back to school during COVID-19
- What going back to school could look like this year (Spoiler: Pretty different)
Planning for school safety during a pandemic
- First back-to-school photos to hit the internet look deeply concerning
- 5 critical kids health tips for fall, according to medical experts
- Schools shouldn’t necessarily reopen, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics
- School may reopen in the fall, but some parents won’t be sending their kids back
Understanding mask safety for kids
- How to talk to kids about face masks and tips to get them used to wearing one
- 5 myths about face masks and kids: What experts say parents need to know
- Face masks on kids at day care: Are they worth the effort?
Preparing for back to school
- 101 back-to-school tips for kids and parents
- Talking to kids about race and racism (podcast)
Making the most of after-school hours
Balancing work and family life
Leave a comment
Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today.