Karly Grace

Eugene, OR

  • 0 stories
  • 0 questions
  • 7 answers

Karly Grace's Activity

How Do I Quit My Baby Sitting Gig On Good Terms?

It's not your fault. Babies at the age you're describing cry no matter who it is. It doesn't have to do with you. If you feel like it isn't a good fit for you, just tell the parents that. They want what is best for their... more

How Can I Attract More Parents?

Many parents post on multiple sites, so you may want to check Indeed or other job search sites and direct parents over to your care.com profile. Don't be afraid to post on social media about your job or even make business cards to leave places.

How Do I Get My First Job As A Caregiver?

CPR!!! Get CPR and First Aid Certification with specifications for young children and infants! It is the number one thing parents as for. It's also handy to have a copy of your driving record (if it's clean). Don't be afraid to mention providing help for siblings/cousins... more

Is It Important To Have A Certification To Be A Caregiver?

Definitely get CPR/First Aid and make sure the course includes specifications for infants as well. If your state has a Food Handlers Certificate, that's also a good thing to get. Taking online classes for car seat installation and driving with kids can also be a bonus.

What Are Fun Activities For A 5 Month Old?

As an infant care provider, I have many ideas. First of all, it is very easy to find taste-safe paint if you want to do painting or exploring the material. If you're worried about a mess, put the paint in a Ziploc back, its still super fun for them... more

What Do You Do If You Are Being Asked To Work Overtime?

I am not sure as to the legality of it, but you can always say that you do not do overtime, or you do overtime but only at an increased rate. Both options are completely acceptable.

What Are Other Care Providers In The Area Charging Per Hour For Special Needs Children?

I typically do not charge more for children with special needs unless it requires medical attention. For example, I wouldn't charge more for behavioral issues but I would if the child had very specific needs. You are definitely allowed to include volunteering as experience. Make sure to mention those... more