$14 – 18/hr
Pawsitive Dawg is rapidly growing and currently looking for fun, loving, reliable, and mature individuals to join our team of dedicated pet care professionals! We are always accepting applications for a part-time dog walking position. This is NOT an independent contractor position. This is NOT a temporary or seasonal position.
We are currently looking for mid-day dog walkers who are available Monday through Friday for at least 2 hours each day to cover our current dog walker's sick days and vacation days and take on new clients as they come in between the hours of 10-3pm, 11-4, or 12-5pm.
What we offer:
* A fun job where you get to be outside and exercise.
* A job where you get to work with animals and their owners on a daily basis.
* A job where you get to work independently yet feel completely supported.
* Extensive and paid training.
* Great hours with additional hours available.
* Direct deposit.
* Mileage reimbursement.
* Weekly Cell Phone Stipend.
* Paid Sick Time after 90th day of employment.
* Paid Time Off after 24 months of employment.
* Full bonding and liability insurance.
* Established husband & wife pet sitting business.
* Training is $12.00 per hour.
* Competitive pay (depends on experience) paid weekly. We pay you by the service (you receive a percentage of the service fee). If you have 0-1 years experience, the starting pay ranges from $14-15+/hour depending on how many walks you complete but that quickly goes up the longer you stay with us. The more paid dog walking experience you have, the higher your starting pay. This is NOT an independent contractor position!
* Depending on your availability, our part-time dog walkers/pet sitters make between $50-$500+/week.
* You can make extra money if you are also willing to work evenings or weekends.
* You will be reimbursed mileage according to the standard IRS rate of $0.58/mile.
* This is a part-time job to start. Your schedule is based on client need. More walks will be available as your comfort grows and business continues to increase.
* A minimum of 6 months commitment is preferred. Temporary/Seasonal (e.g., summer) positions are NOT available.
* At least 2 years experience caring for animals.
* Comfortable walking both big and small dogs for up to 5-6 miles a day.
* Be comfortable providing dog walking services and driving in all New England weather (i.e., rain, wind, sleet or snow).
* Be able to quickly and efficiently respond to all inquiries from our team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills since you will be communicating directly with clients and the Pet Care Manager.
* Must be extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude.
* Follow a schedule provided by the Pet Care Manager.
* Give all pets your undivided attention and love during your assigned visit.
* Provide pick up and drop off services to dogs from and to their homes for individual dog hikes.
* Provide solo dog walks for private on-leash neighborhood walks.
* Provide group dog walks for on-leash neighborhood walks.
* Maintain control and ensure the safety of all of the animals under your watch.
* Maintain security of our clients homes during your assigned visit.
* Pick up and properly dispose of all pet waste of the pets in your care.
* Provide a daily note in our scheduling software with a photo following each service to confirm services and to update the owner and Pawsitive Dawg of your visit.
* Must love dogs and cats and their owners.
* Car with valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
* Must live in a city that borders Waltham, Belmont, or Watertown.
* Flexible with schedule and willing to add visits with short notice.
* Occasional evening or weekend hours for client interviews will be necessary.
* Clean criminal background (criminal/background check required).
* Willing to become Pet First Aid Certified.
* Very detail orientated.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Follow pet care instructions exactly as written.
* A smart phone with email and ability to use our scheduling app.