New Jersey Benefits
Find resources in New Jersey to help you understand which benefits you and your senior can access.
Health care benefit information for seniors is lengthy and complex, but it helps to understand some of the options available to your loved one.
New Jersey's HealthEASE program was created to coordinate and expand health promotion and disease prevention services for older adults. HealthEASE includes program coordination, as well as physical activity, health education and coordinated screening components designed specifically for adults over the age of sixty. For more information visit the New Jersey Department of Health website.
Health Insurance Benefit Options
As a senior ages and may require more frequent doctor visits or more prescription medications, benefit options become more important. It is important to understand the options available to seniors and to compare them with those your senior may already have.
Here are some other existing coverage types:
- Private Plan: A private insurance plan is always an option. They may be more expensive, but they can be sought out based on necessary benefits.
- Employer Coverage: Many employers offer insurance benefits to employees and retirement plans to former employees. Be sure to look into senior's current or former employer.
- Non-Employer Group Coverage: Some groups like church groups, fraternal groups, and work unions offer benefits to members. Similarly, veterans and their spouses may be eligible for senior care discounts.
- Medicare: Medicare covers a large portion of senior medical costs, but there are very specific guidelines for eligibility. To check if you are eligible take a look at the Medicare Eligibility Tool from www.medicare.gov.
- Medicaid: Medicaid, a more income based coverage, like Medicare, has stringent eligibility guidelines.
Read our article on these two coverage options for more information on Medicare and Medicaid.
Senior Care Services: Trying to decide what type of senior housing is right for your aging loved one? Get free guidance from Care.com's expert senior care advisors who can help you find the right solution for your family. Search senior housing options and home care agencies or call 855-490-8652.
Senior Care Planning: Searching for senior care for your family can be an overwhelming experience. Care.com provides Senior Care Counseling in which specially trained individuals will work one-on-one with you to determine the best care situation for you and your family. Call 877-922-7314 today.
Senior Care Guide: Care.com's comprehensive guide to senior care that helps readers understand senior care options by describing each option in detail and answering frequently asked questions.
For more information on senior healthcare, visit our Articles and Resources page.
Looking for quality senior care in New Jersey? Check out the local pages below.
Find the senior care your loved one deserves
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Get a FREE security system when you order an award-winning monitoring service from Protect America.
Over 900,000 Procedures Performed. Get 20% off LASIK today! Locations Nationwide.
Get a Cash Offer Good for 30 Days! Free Shipping + Fast Payment. Lock in a Risk-Free Offer Today!