The Housekeeping Guide: Housekeeper Cost
Find out about pay rates for housekeepers
The cost of housekeeping services can be based on many factors and varies from one area to another.
It is usually necessary to have an in-home consultation with your prospective housekeeper/agency, so they can get a better understanding of your home, its cleaning requirements, and your cleaning specifications, in order to determine a price.
Factors that impact cost:
- Size of your home (number of bedrooms/bathrooms)
- Frequency of cleaning (weekly, bimonthly) and housekeeping
- Number of people and pets in your household
- Level of clutter (can your housekeeper access the areas to be cleaned?)
- Amount of different surfaces to be cleaned
- Special requirements, such as cleaning windows
- Level of experience of the housekeeper
- Number of people cleaning your home (an individual or team from an agency)
- Paying by the job or paying by the hour
- In a larger metropolitan area, for a medium-sized apartment or house, plan on paying at least $100 for cleaning twice a month.
- In less populated cities or towns, for an average-sized house (2500 square feet), around $75 is a typical fee.
- For a large national chain, monthly cleaning service in a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home, runs around $175 per cleaning.
Definitely ask your neighbors and friends how much they pay for cleaning services to get an idea of the going rates in your area. You may need to negotiate with the prospective housekeeper in order to arrive at a fair price, especially as your needs are specific to your home and lifestyle.
|Previous: Housekeeping Options «||Next: Housekeeper Interview »|