What Should I Keep In My Babysitter Supply Bag?
Many babysitters also have questions about what to bring with them while they are on the job. Check out our ideas for stocking a "Babysitter Supply Bag":
- A First-Aid kit. First-aid kits can be found almost anywhere or you can make your own. Be sure to pack yours with extra Band-Aids, tissues, hand sanitizer, and sunscreen.
- Cash and coins. It sounds silly, but almost no one carries cash with them anymore. Have $5.00 in cash with you at all times and $2.00 in quarters in case you need to pick up some extra diapers or milk or park your car at a metered spot.
- Healthy snacks. Kids need healthy snacks to fuel their busy bodies. Apple slices, crackers, Cheerios-make sure you never leave the house empty-handed.
- List of medications and allergies. Ask the parents to write down all allergies and medications each child takes and keep that information in your bag. Should an emergency situation arise, you will have that information available.
- Emergency contact list. Keep phone numbers of both parents (cell phones, work phones, and home phone) as well as doctors' phone numbers and emergency lines (like the Poison Control Helpline) logged into your phone and written down on the same notecard as allergies and medications.
>>Have more babysitting questions? Return to the main Babysitting FAQs.
Get a Cash Offer Good for 30 Days! Free Shipping + Fast Payment. Lock in a Risk-Free Offer Today!
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Insure your non-refundable camp fees with cancellation insurance from A+ Program Protection.
Come see for yourself why KinderCare is the place where thinking thrives and friendships flourish.
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.