Planning for an Overseas Change of Station (DEROS)
Use this checklist if your next military assignment is overseas.
This content is provided courtesy of USAA.
Overseas moves require more planning than domestic moves. Stay ahead of the game with careful preparation.
Get important documents in order at least six months in advance
- Medical and dental records
- Advance driver's license renewals
- International driver's permit (if necessary)
- Wills and powers of attorney
- Absentee voting information
Open all new accounts before your move
- Many European Union countries do not allow new U.S. bank, loan, brokerage or financial planning accounts to be opened within the area.
Take advantage of "bank anywhere" accounts
- Free ATM access nationwide
- Free checking accounts
- No-fee savings accounts
- Free bill pay
Be prepared for your journey overseas
- Get extra passport photos for overseas documents.
- Learn about driving regulations overseas.
- Update your vaccinations.
- If you own a firearm, make plans to store or ship it.
- Arrange for pickup of your unaccompanied baggage.
- Find out what the country's entrance requirements are for pets.
Take care of your car or truck
- If you're storing your vehicle, ask your insurer about reduced insurance rates.
- Remember, the government will only pay for the shipment of one privately owned vehicle.
- If you're shipping your vehicle and you don't own it, get written authorization from your lender or lessee.
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Come see what's new at KinderCare.
Quality summer experiences at an affordable price throughout Central Maryland. Learn more today.
A multi-award winning online learning program designed to teach children how to read. For ages 3-13.
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
One of the lowest cost au pair agencies with unbeatable screening, matching and support services.
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.