Homework 101 for Your Sitter
How to get your kids to do homework with a babysitter.
Your kids don't want to do homework when you are home, so getting them to do it when you're away will take some work.
If you have a sitter coming over on a school night, talk to your child about what you expect when you return. Also, ask the sitter to come over early so you can review the routine with her and your child. Discuss the following:
- How long should it take your child to do his homework?
- How do you usually get your child into homework mode? Is there a spot he sits in or a snack he has beforehand?
- What tricks do you use to help him focus?
- How involved are you in the actual work?
- If he has questions, what resources do you usually utilize?
- What subjects are hardest for him?
- Are there rewards for finishing homework, or consequences if he doesn't finish it?
To make sure your child sticks with his homework routine, talk with him and his sitter beforehand. Make sure your sitter is aware of all of his assignments and has the right resources to help him complete them.
You May Also Like:
Get a Cash Offer Good for 30 Days! Free Shipping + Fast Payment. Lock in a Risk-Free Offer Today!
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
Insure your non-refundable camp fees with cancellation insurance from A+ Program Protection.
Come see for yourself why KinderCare is the place where thinking thrives and friendships flourish.