Get Inspired by Let's Move! Child Care and Care.com
Parents, nannies and all child caregivers, please join us in the fight against childhood obesity!
The numbers tell a frightening story: More than 25 percent of 2- to 5-year-old children are already overweight or obese in the United States, and obesity rates for these pre-schoolers have doubled in the last four decades. One in five children is overweight or obese by the time he/she turns six, and more than half of obese children first become overweight by the age of two.
Care.com is proud to support Let's Move! Child Care, a project of First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! effort to help promote children's health by encouraging and supporting physical activity and healthier nutrition practices.
We encourage all of our parents, nannies and babysitters to work together and join the thousands of people around the country who are committed to participating in Let's Move! Child Care and preventing childhood obesity.
As a parent or child care provider, you play an invaluable role in the effort to combat the childhood obesity problem, support children's healthy development and prevent chronic disease later in a child's life.
You can make a huge impact! Take the free Let's Move! Child Care Pledge today! Here's how:
- Sign up and Receive a Participation Certificate. Sign up with your email address on the Let's Move site! today. After you enroll, download your free Let's Move! Child Care Participant Certificate to display in your home or business. You can also mention your participation in your Care.com profile!
- Take the Let's Move! Child Care Quiz. Answer the questions in the quiz to see which Let's Move! Child Care goals you are meeting already and which goals you need to work toward.
- Build Your Action Plan. Work with your nanny or the parents of the child/children you care for to create an action plan to help you reach the Let's Move! Child Care goals. If you run or work in a day care center, design an action plan exclusively for your location.
- Earn Your Let's Move! Child Care Recognition Award. Once you've achieved all of the Let's Move! Child Care goals, retake the online quiz to receive your Recognition Award.
- Win Prizes. Go to our Facebook page to share your healthy eating tips and enter to win exciting prizes.
Need some inspiration for setting your Let's Move! Child Care goals? Check out these resources:
- 12 Tricks to Fix a Picky Eater. Learn how you and your nanny can get kids to eat healthy meals -- and like them!
- Interview Series: Raising Healthy Kids. Moms share tips, advice and mistakes they've made on their mission to raise healthy kids.
- 5 Ways to Fight Childhood Obesity at Home. Learn how your family can prevent bad food habits.
- 7 Ideas for Easy - and Healthy - School Lunches. Some of our favorite kid food bloggers share their secrets for packing yummy lunches.
- 14 Lunch Ideas for Kids. Whip up healthy midday meals that your kids will love.
- Healthy After-School Snacks. The kids are hungry, the family is busy and dinner isn't for hours. Stave off the hunger monster with these after-school snack ideas.
- Healthy Dinner Ideas Kids Will Actually Eat. 12 kid-friendly and mom-approved dinner recipes.
- Veg Out: Easy Ways to Get Kids to Eat Vegetables. Simple ways parents can get their kids to eat more vegetables.
- 8 Active Games for Kids. Keep your kids healthy and entertained at the same time with these fun indoor and outdoor activities.
- Easy After School Activities to Keep Kids Fit. Keep your children moving in a way they'll find both fun and engaging.
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
Register by 12/10 to save up to $875 on childcare from the leading au pair agency!
Tour your local KinderCare for a chance to win a one-of-a-kind education!
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.