Care.com Interview Series: Secrets to Back to School Success
5 tips to get organized and prepped for the first day.
Some of us count down the days until that first bell rings; some of us long for a few extra days of summer. Whatever your approach to the first day of school, don't let it catch you off guard. We've all heard the horror stories: sold out supplies, missed busses, anxious kids, frantic mornings. Care.com asked five of our favorite mom bloggers to share their secrets for creating a smoother transition for their kids. Get a crash course in back-to-school organization for smooth sailing once September rolls around!
5 Secrets to Back to School Success:
1. Do it the old-fashioned way. "I keep folders on the kitchen counter labeled with each child's name for important papers from school and a magnet on the fridge with each kid's name on it to hang up letters from the teacher, reminders, invitations, etc. These two tricks have helped keep me from missing some important deadlines." -- Michelle Wolfson, Mommy Confessions
2. Keep the new supplies out of reach. "Double-check that you have everything and pack it in the book bag when you buy them. Then put the bag up high, or you might have children like mine who get into their book bags and start using their supplies." -- Heather Ayala, Not Everyone's Mama
3. Set up electronic reminders. "Use an electronic calendar with active alerts. I alert myself to everything, from time to wake up, to dates of projects. I even put in when I need to bake something for a school function so I can stop what I'm doing and get it done." -- Amanda Rodriguez, Parenting By Dummies
4. Keep bedtime consistent. "We are sticklers for bedtime, even when the sun is out so early bedtime is no big deal. We tell the boys, you go to bed based on the clock, not the sun." -- Ilina Ewen, Dirt and Noise
5. When in doubt, carpool. "All of our kids are active in sports, clubs and volunteer work. Carpools with other parents are really the saving grace of surviving after school activities." -- Kelly Pugliano, Mom Got Blog
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
Come see what's new at KinderCare.
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
One of the lowest cost au pair agencies with unbeatable screening, matching and support services.
We bring learning & fun together in a safe, convenient & nurturing environment before & after school