Bedtime 101 for Your Sitter
Help your sitter or nanny learn the bedtime routine and put the kids to sleep.
When your kids don't get enough sleep, they're terrors in the morning. This probably won't matter to your babysitter, but it does matter to you. So make sure your sitter knows how to get them in bed -- and keep them there.
- Tell your babysitter when each child must be put to bed. If bedtimes are flexible, tell her how much leeway she can have.
- Review each child's bedtime routine. Who gets read to? How many stories? Who has a hard time falling asleep? When should they wash their hands, brush their teeth, and get into their PJs?
- Once the kids are in bed, do any need a light on or a door open?
- What can the sitter do if a kid won't get into bed?
- Should the babysitter check on sleeping children? If so, when, and how often?
For sitters, bedtime can be the hardest part of the night, especially when there are several kids to put to bed. Talk to your sitter about your kids' rituals and routines, and let your kids know the consequences if they fall out of line.
Affordable full time live-in child care for all your kids @ $340/wk. Search for your Au Pair today!
Hire Pediatric Nurses, Pre-School or Special Needs Teachers at $11.30/h incl. health care.
Since 1988, EurAupair has been devoted to assisting families with their child care needs.
Tour your local KinderCare for a chance to win a one-of-a-kind education!
Care.com HomePaySM handles your household payroll and taxes without work, worry or risk.
The world’s most experienced and largest intercultural live-in child care program.
Register by 12/10 to save up to $875 on childcare from the leading au pair agency!