About this program
Guaranteed. Learn one or more helpful literacy strategy to advance your child or session is free.
Our approach is for the educator to help the parent and child understand and practice fun, developmentally-appropriate literacy strategies that make learning how to read and write easy for your child. Teaching your child to read and write is simple with our tutoring and effective, early literacy strategies- strategies that build skills block by block.
An ABCsForLiteracy educator will help your child build a strong literacy house that can withstand the huffs and puffs of life!
* Teaches a balanced literacy approach including concepts of phonics, phonemic awareness, and whole-language.
* Program is research-based, child-tested, standards-aligned, and clearly explained.
* Convenient and guaranteed webcam consultations are specific to the child's learning level.
* Help the parent understand proven literacy strategies to clearly advance the child's learning.
* Provides effective and fun strategies, activities, and games to support the child's learning.
* Help children develop reading and writing skills, built block by block, to build on for a lifetime.
For the child and parent/involved adult, weekly webcam tutoring sessions, via SKYPE, YAHOO IM, or Gmail Chat, $30 for a 25 minute session, are suggested. We serve the EST, CST, MST, and PST zones, and our convenient webcam sessions bring a certified, experienced educator to you.
All that is needed from you for a session is unlined paper (like typing paper as young children are often confused by lines) and a black crayon or marker to help assess your child's skills- and of course you and your child in front of the webcam!
One session will provide you with key building blocks to jump start your child's literacy education- an easy way to give your child a head start in school. For your child to build a stronger literacy foundation, ABCsForLiteracy suggests at least 6 to 10 sessions. To help your child master all preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade literacy skills, an ABCsForLiteracy educator can work with your child for a few weeks or longer, depending on your child. You can decide as you go along how many sessions are best for your child.
Another popular option: Tutors
Grades 7-12 Math, History, English Tutor Available
I began tutoring when I was a student at the University of Michigan. From 2002-2006, I worked weekly with individuals...